Let Agreed - The Laurels, Castle Eaton

£1,200 pcm

  • The Laurels, Castle Eaton
  • The Laurels, Castle Eaton
  • The Laurels, Castle Eaton
  • The Laurels, Castle Eaton
  • The Laurels, Castle Eaton
  • The Laurels, Castle Eaton
  • The Laurels, Castle Eaton
  • The Laurels, Castle Eaton
  • The Laurels, Castle Eaton
  • The Laurels, Castle Eaton
  • The Laurels, Castle Eaton
  • The Laurels, Castle Eaton
  • Three bed detached bungalow
  • Two reception rooms
  • Conservatory
  • Kitchen
  • Ground floor bedroom and shower room
  • Two first floor bedrooms
  • Bathroom
  • Garage
  • Landscaped gardens

A three bedroom detached bungalow set in the picturesque Cotswold village of Castle Eaton. Comprising of hall, sitting room, conservatory, dining room, kitchen, ground floor shower room and bedroom, two first floor bedrooms and bathroom. Garage and landscaped gardens.

CANOPIED ENTRANCE Part obscure glazed entrance door with stained glass inserts.

ENTRANCE HALL Tiled flooring. Radiator. Display recess. Roof access.

SITTING ROOM 20′ 7" x 12′ 10" (6.27m x 3.91m) Window to side. Bi-fold doors to conservatory. Minster stone fireplace with coal effect gas fire. Two radiators. Telephone point. Television point.

CONSERVATORY 15′ 7" x 11′ 10" (4.75m x 3.61m) Double doors to the garden. Wood laminate flooring. Radiator. Wall lights.

DINING ROOM 16′ 1" x 9′ 8" (4.9m x 2.95m) Window to front. Door to garage. Radiator. Tiled flooring.

KITCHEN 11′ 11" x 10′ 0" (3.63m x 3.05m) Windows to front and to side. One and a half bowl single drainer sink unit with mixer tap inset into a rolled edge worksurface with cupboard below. Further good range of fitted wall and base units. Tiled splashbacks. Tiled flooring. Belling range style cooker with extractor canopy above. Integrated fridge. Integrated Bosch dishwasher. Tiled flooring. Radiator.

INNER HALL Window to side. Built in airing cupboard. Tiled flooring. Radiator.

BEDROOM ONE 12′ 7" x 11′ 10" (3.84m x 3.61m) Window to side. Radiator. Two built in double wardrobes. Understairs cupboard.

SHOWER ROOM 7′ 7" x 6′ 9" (2.31m x 2.06m) Obscure glazed window to side. Fully tiled wet room. Mira shower. Low level WC. Pedestal wash basin. Radiator. Tiled flooring. Fitted drawers. Medicine cabinet.

LANDING Velux window to side. Eaves cupboard.

BEDROOM TWO 13′ 5" x 10′ 6" (4.09m x 3.2m) Velux window to side. Range of fitted wardrobes. Radiator.

BEDROOM THREE 9′ 9" x 6′ 9" (2.97m x 2.06m) Velux window to side. Radiator. Reducing head height.

BATHROOM 12′ 11" x 8′ 2" (3.94m x 2.49m) Velux window to side. Roll top bath with mixer tap. Shower above. Fully tiled walls. Basin fitted above a vanity unit. Further matching cupboards. Low level WC. Eaves cupboard. Shaving point.

GARAGE Up and over door. Power and lighting. Personal door to dining room. Ariston boiler for domestic hot water and central heating. Plumbing for automatic washing machine.

OUTSIDE The property is approached along a gravelled driveway and there is parking to the side of the garage and to the front. A pathway and gate lead to the entrance. Cultivated borders.

The rear garden is enclosed and laid mainly to patio. Pergola. Cultivated borders. Open ended store. Greenhouse to the side.

CASTLE EATON Castle Eaton is a village on the River Thames about 4 miles (6.4 km) northwest of Highworth. The Thames here forms both the northern boundary of the parish and the county boundary between Wiltshire and Gloucestershire. The village is characterised by its older buildings most of which are in The Street, the original main thoroughfare. Built of local stone, these buildings give Castle Eaton the look and feel of a traditional Cotswold village. Many of the buildings date from about 1650 to 1850, and Swindon Council has made this part of the village a Conservation Area to protect its historical and architectural importance. The parish church dedicated to Saint Mary the Virgin is a Grade I listed building. It has two Norman doorways. The chancel was built late in the 13th century in the Early English Gothic style, and at its east end has a trio of stepped lancet windows.The building was restored by William Butterfield in 1861-63, who added a distinctive corbelled bellcote on the roof above the chancel arch. The west tower has a ring of six bells. In the churchyard near the entrance is a medieval standing cross that is a scheduled Ancient Monument.
The village has a public house, the Red Lion. It claims to be first public house on the River Thames after leaving its source at Thames Head.