For Sale - Market Place, Fairford

£0

  • Market Place, Fairford
  • Market Place, Fairford
  • Market Place, Fairford
  • Market Place, Fairford
  • Market Place, Fairford
  • Market Place, Fairford
  • Market Place, Fairford
  • Market Place, Fairford
  • Market Place, Fairford
  • Market Place, Fairford

A Grade II Listed three storey town house situated overlooking the Market Place currently offering a commercial premises with a former salon to the ground floor and offices above on the two floors above.

LOCATION
Fairford is a Cotswold market town situated approximately 10 miles from Cirencester and 15 miles from Swindon. Main line railway services are available at Swindon and Kemble. There are convenient road links to the M4 and M5.

DESCRIPTION
A rare opportunity to purchase a commercial freehold premises within a Grade II Listed three storey town house overlooking the Market Square.

ACCOMMODATION
Some history…..

Alexander Ready was a solicitor and attorney who lived in Fairford in the early 18th Century. After the death of his first two wives, Alexander married Sophia Edwards, heiress to the fortune of wealthy Bristol merchant and philanthropist Edward Colston. In 1755 Alexander Ready changed his name to Alexander Colston and lived in Filkins Hall. He owned property in Fairford including Colston House and was buried in Fairford church.

The aforementioned Edward Colston (2 November 1636 – 11 October 1721) was a Bristol-born merchant and Member of Parliament. He endowed schools and almshouses and his name is commemorated in several Bristol landmarks, streets, three schools and the Colston bun.

PARKING NOTES
On street parking.

VIEWING
By prior appointment