To Let - Filkins, Oxfordshire
- Period cottage
- Open plan sitting/dining room/kitchen
- Two bedrooms
- Shower room
- Courtyard garden
A two bedroom period cottage finished to a high standard throughout. Open plan kitchen/living arrangement with limestone floor, a spacious oak floored landing leading to two high-ceiling bedrooms and a shower room with large walk-in shower.
SITTING/DINING ROOM/KITCHEN 22′ 0" x 15′ 1" (6.71m x 4.6m) Wood door to front, window to front, stone mullion window to front, window to rear, French doors to rear, fitted with a range of wall and base units, electric cooker with extractor fan over, space for fridge/freezer, washing machine, Belfast style sink unit with mixer tap over, wood work tops, Sunhouse wall mounted electric heater and stairs rising to the first floor landing.
LANDING A spacious landing with a skylight to front, beams, wood floor and wall mounted Sunhouse electric heater.
BEDROOM ONE 12′ 0" x 7′ 2" (3.66m x 2.18m) Two Velux windows to rear, wall mounted Sunhouse electric heater, wood floor, wall mounted light, beams, curtain fronted wardrobe and high level cupboard.
BEDROOM TWO 9′ 7" x 6′ 1" (2.92m x 1.85m) Velux window to rear, wall mounted Sunhouse electric heater, wood floor beams and wall mounted light.
SHOWER ROOM Large shower cubicle, wood floor, cupboard, low level WC, pedestal hand wash basin, Sunhouse wall mounted electric heater, splash backs and further wall mounted heater.
OUTSIDE The front is laid to lawn with a path leading to the entrance door.
There is a small enclosed courtyard garden to the rear with patio and outside tap.
FILKINS Filkins is a village in the civil parish of Filkins and Broughton Poggs, about 2.5 miles southwest of Carterton and about 5 miles to the north of Lechlade. The Gothic Revival architect G.E. Street designed the Church of England parish church of Saint Peter, and it was built in 1855–57. The Methodist Chapel was dedicated in 1833.
In 2007 the Filkins estate, which Sir John Cripps (son of the post-war Labour minister Sir Stafford Cripps) bequeathed upon his death in 1993, but which had been partly passed over to the Ernest Cook Trust since then, was fully transferred to the Trust’s portfolio. The Filkins Estate is on the county boundary between Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire and includes one 500 acres farm and a number of cottages, with a small area of commercial units housing the Cotswold Woollen Weavers and Filkins Stone Company.
Filkins has a public house, the Five Alls. The village has an outdoor swimming pool owned by the Centre Trust which was established by Sir Stafford Cripps under the control of the parish council (acting as trustees). The pool, now managed by the Filkins Swimming Club, is open from May until September. Next to it are the village shop, post office and bowls club. A large 18th-century barn is now the premises of Cotswold Woollen Weavers, which set up business there in 1982, and is the last company in the area to uphold the traditions of woollen cloth design and manufacture. Filkins has a theatre club. The former village school is now a pre-school nursery.